Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Who is mining your Data Online?

Illustration courtesy of TIME

Wow. If you use the internet a lot, you will find the latest story by Time Magazine's Joel Stein to be both thought-provoking and disturbing. He examines online privacy, and even looks at what data mining companies know about him. Some of it was false, but a lot of it was true.

A truly fascinating, must read piece. The very first sentence alone sounds the alarm bell. I read lots of posts daily. But nothing has captured my attention this year quite like this. I highly recommend you read it, and watch the two minute companion video.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Awesome find, I'm glad I was staying up to date on your blog or this article would have slipped off my radar. Incredible story. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Kris. I had to share this. It's one of those issues and topics that we sort of take granted. But the first sentence did it for me. Fascinating and disturbing.

    ~2K

    ReplyDelete