Friday, February 25, 2011

One of the World's Most Amazing Treehouse Restaurants

40 meters off of the ground, the Redwoods Treehouse is an amazing sight. Located in New Zealand and built in part from sustainably-harvested pine, it is one of the most celebrated restaurants that most of the world has never heard of. Truly awe-inspiring architecture.

Asia has been at the forefront of sustainable, eco-friendly design for years now. Malaysia, China, and even the United Arab Emirates. Great work. So this restaurant in New Zealand should come as no surprise. I just wish we could do this sort of project on a mass scale in the United States. There have been sporadic projects, but I'm looking for a big push.

I figured my readers might enjoy this. It's a feast for the eyes...and for the environment!

Photos Courtesy of Modern Architecture and Design News

new-<span class=

new-<span class=

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I like this eco-friendly restaurant. If I ever get to New Zealand, I plan to make a reservation :-)

    ReplyDelete