Friday, December 3, 2010

Ann Curry's great interview with Actor/Activist George Clooney

The respect I have for George Clooney shot way through the roof this evening. The interview Ann Curry did with him was truly Must-See TV. The viewer got a chance to see the roots of Clooney's generosity. I've always respected those celebrities who use what I call "the full equity of their fame" to make a difference in the world: Edward Norton, Don Cheadle, Barbara Streisand, Matt Damon, Whoopi Goldberg, Brad Pitt, etc. I love their activism, and I always promote their projects.

I don't understand the belief that entertainment celebrities should not have a opinion on anything beyond movies and music. They care about the environment, pay taxes, and have a deep concern about the world future generations will inhabit.

Clooney and his buddy Brad Pitt believe that if the cameras are going to be on them, they should be socially responsible and try to focus our attention on issues not getting much-needed publicity. If you ask me, that's a brilliant strategy.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this was a great interview. I applaud George Clooney's efforts in Sudan. I think Ann Curry is an excellent journalist.

    ReplyDelete