Tuesday, August 17, 2010

An Awesome Bike for the Environment

This story caught my eye.

Dutch bikes are huge. In Amsterdam, they're the rage. So recently, I heard about the plans of designers at Van Moof, who want to take the Dutch bike concept worldwide. Think "bikes for city folks that also have a few added features". Why is this news? Because this firm is known for such features as "a solar-powered front and rear lighting system." Awesome!

This is taking biking to the next level. And it takes the environment into account. I love it. When Van Moof's Dutch-styled bikes hit the U.S. in October, I suspect they'll be a big hit. I'll be riding one myself.

Who knew that thinking about the environment could be this sexy? :)

Check out more at TreeHugger.

1 comment:

  1. This bike is cool and I would love to get about town on it. It's a simple bike without a lot of bells & whistles. You just get on and ride while saving the environment. You're right, it's sexy!

    ReplyDelete