Saturday, November 21, 2009

The World's FIRST Eco-Friendly Surf Boards

I love surfing. And I believe in protecting our environment. So imagine my excitement about the first ever green surfboards. The New York Times has a great article on them. They're from the company Green Foam Blanks.


The conventional surfboard is 100% toxic. This is an irony because so many surfers - including myself - fight polluters for their disregard of our beaches and oceans. But now, the Surf Industry Manufacturing Association has been orchestrating a big push to make its $7.2 billion industry more green. This is hot. And long over due.

Over 315,000 surfboards were sold in the United States last year. Big business. As more surfers become aware of the need for greener boards, the co-owners of Green Foam Blanks will likely see a big boost in sales. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment