Monday, September 7, 2009

MUSIC MONDAY

WOULD I LIE TO YOU (1985)

This is from the British pop duo Eurythmics. Lead singer Annie Lennox has one of the most powerful and recognizable voices in music.


THE FINER THINGS (1987)

This was one of Steve Winwood's best tunes. It's from his bestselling, 1986 come back album Back in the High Life.


ANYTHING (1994)

SWV was one of my favorite music groups back in the early '90s. They helped popularize the new hip hop inspired R&B Mary J. Blige pioneered several years earlier.


MY WAY (1997)

This is classic Usher. I love the look of the video. It's almost like Mad Max meets West Side Story.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love Annie Lennox and the Eurythmics. Good music this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I love Annie Lennox too. I really, really liked the group SWV. They exemplified that classic 90's R&B sound.

    ReplyDelete