Thursday, July 2, 2009

One of the World's Best Music Artists Who Is Not On Twitter (But Should Be)

My friends know that I have some seriously diverse musical tastes. I love country, soft rock, smooth jazz and hip hop. I grew up on Disco, classic R&B, and 80's rock. No one sound defines who I am. And this is why I absolutely love the sound, artistry, and musicianship of superstar James Morrison. His indefinable style is like no other in popular music today. He can lay down a track with the soulfulness of Marvin Gaye and Otis Redding. He can channel the easy listening sounds of Hall & Oats, Kenny Loggins, and Christopher Cross. Yes, this man rocks the house!

But surprisingly, he doesn't have a Twitter account. What's up with that? He has a page on Myspace, but not Twitter? Hopefully he'll get one soon. His lyrics are rich, and they're layered with great emotion and power. If you search MTVmusic.com or VH1.com, they only have three of his videos. So I decided to put on 7 of his videos for readers of this blog. When he comes from his home country of England to tour America again, snatch up those tickets. He rocks. And if you know him personally, tell him that I said for him to get a Twitter page so I can follow him.

Below are 7 of his videos, with songs I know you're going to enjoy:


YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING



WONDERFUL WORLD



THIS BOY



UNDISCOVERED (Live)



BETTER MAN



BROKEN STRINGS (Featuring Nelly Furtado)



PIECES DON'T FIT ANYMORE

5 comments:

  1. I went to see James Morroson in Forida two years ago. The place just went wild. And it was sold out. Thanks for putting 8 of his videos up. I know he is respected here in the US but I believe he is still off of the radar of millions of music lovers. Hopefully he'll get his due.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love James Morrison. Too bad he doesn't get more play. And yes, I agree, he needs to get a Twitter account! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of him. I guess I'll have to buy his albums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James Morrison is a hottie!

    ReplyDelete